Display advertising is an umbrella term for a number of forms of online marketing not included in Search. Display is typically used for mid and upper-funnel marketing with branding objectives. But targeted remarketing campaigns with sales objectives can also be set up in lower-funnel marketing.
At Kagiso Digital, we often use a marketing framework to visualize customer journeys. We do this with the help of Google’s See, Think, Do, Care model. Display Advertising is used in the See and Think stages, in particular, to reach potential customers in the customer journey. The way in which targeting and use are determined depends on the position within the marketing framework.
Working with Kagiso Digital means that we engage in dialogue and together we explore how the framework can be implemented. From objectives, KPIs, and targeting to an evaluation. We help to determine and implement the display strategy as part of the total marketing mix. This ensures that all efforts fit together seamlessly for maximum results.
Implementing Display Advertising
Display advertising is a broad term for various forms of advertising and purchasing methods:
- Programmatic Marketing: real-time bidding on specific ad positions for a specific target audience or website. Kagiso Digital does this through Real-time bidding (RTB) on display space on ad exchanges using Google’s DSP: DoubleClick Bid Manager.
- Premium Display: purchasing directly from large premium publishers for guaranteed placement.
- Digital outdoor: Programmatic marketing is spreading to traditional offline media. Out-of-home is ahead of the game and we expect TV will follow soon.
- Google Display Network: Google’s effective ad network, which allows successful, data-driven campaigns to be set up quickly. GDN includes AdSense inventory, Gmail Ads, and AdMob for in-app advertising.
- Retargeting: targeting consumers again with a message based on displayed behavior. Google calls this Remarketing.
- Video advertising: premium purchasing from RTL XL or NPO or performance-focused YouTube campaigns.
- Online audio advertising: purchasing audio spots from digital radio stations, Spotify, Deezer, and others.